Although we are coming to the end of what has seemed to be a rather wet summer, there is still jobs that can be got on with throughout the month.
- Sow and plant Winter Salads and other leafy greens for quick picking in a few weeks time.
- Pick all Tender Crops before the frosts arrive!
- Stop feeding any remaining plants.
- Sow Green Manures for overwintering and dig into the soil in the Spring.
- Tidy up your borders.
- Plant bulbs for Spring Colour- Daffodils, Crocus, Iris. Plant the bulbs at two or three times their depth, with the growing point facing upwards in a very sunny point on your plot.
- Plant Hardy Perennials.