Coming into Autumn now, there is still plenty to be getting on with on your plot.
- Collect and dry seeds from easy crops like tomatoes, peas, beans and squash.
- Gather the last of the summer crops.
- Freeze, bottle and jam what you can’t eat now.
- Clear away all harvested crops and add to the compost heap.
- Plant Japanese Onions.
What to do with different Vegetables:
- Sprouts- cut off the tops.
- Broad Beans.
- Tomatoes- dig them up and put them into the greenhouse.
- Cabbage- cut cross at the top of the stem.